How TCM treats infertility
Medicine use herbs and acupuncture to treat infertility
Traditional Chinese herbal Medicine and accupuncture
can improve your reproductive health in several ways
Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture help you to:
- balance hormonal levels to regulate menstruation and ovulation. (it
is the first and most important work)
- reduce stress; this is also very important when trying to conceive
as stress reduces blood flow to the reproductive organs and negatively
affects hormonal balance.
- strengthen the immune system for overall health and wellbeing.
- increase blood flow to the uterus which thickens the endometrial
lining for implantation.
- improve ovarian function and the release of follicles. Acupuncture
stimulates blood flow to the ovaries to produce a larger number of follicles
and better quality eggs.
- improve hypothalamus and the release of hormones throughout the body.
- balance hormonal levels to regulate menstruation and ovulation.
- improve sperm count, motility and morphology.
# reduce the number of structural abnormalities in sperm and increased
the overall number of sperm. The medical journal Fertility and Sterility,
July 2005 reported that
# lead to a significant increase in the motility levels of sperm
and increase the percentage of healthy sperm .
- lessen the side effects from hormonal treatments and increases in-vitro
fertilization success rates.
A study from Germany found that acupuncture immediately before and after
IVF embryo transfer increases the success rates from 26% to 43%. A study
produced by the Reproductive Medicine and FertilityCenter in Colorado
Springs has found that acupuncture can increase the success rates of
IVF treatment. 51% of women in the acupuncture treatment group became
pregnant compared to 36% of those not receiving acupuncture.
- reduce the chances of miscarriage.
A study by the Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Center in Colorado
Springs found that herbal medicines and acupuncture significantly reduces
the miscarriage rate from 20% not receiving acupuncture with their IVF
treatment to 8% of women combing acupuncture with their IVF protocol.
Acupuncture also significantly lessens the chances of ectopic pregnancy.
How the treatment is proceeded
Normally, our practitioners are females and have excellent clinical experiences.
1. She will makes a complete review the medical records performed by
the western medicine.
2. She will makes a complete understanding of the life style, diet and
food of the couple.
3. She will inspect the patients according to the four principles of diagnosis
in Chinese Medicine.
(please go to http://www.healthphone.com/consump_english/index_consu_eng.htm
to understand what is the 4 principles of diagnosis)
4. She will explain to the patients in details about her finding and recommendations.
5. She will work together with the patient to work out an effective treatment
6. She will prescribe Herbal medicines to the patients and explain clearly
how the medicines are taken and how long the treatment will be last for.
7. She may give the patient acupuncture if required.
8. She will give advice to the patient about her/his daily food, diet
and other life style pattern.
9. She will keep close contact with the patient all the time to understand
the progress of the treatment.